Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Banners

My students are so excited to learn about Jesus! My co-teacher and I came up with these beautiful and inexpensive banners.

Materials:
  • Felt squares (We found some felt rectangles that were perfect @ 14 for $1 at Dollar Tree)
  • Puffy Paint
  • Tacky glue (are we seeing a pattern yet?)
  • Gems or buttons (whatever you have lying around)
  • Baking sticks (I have no idea what they're called) or thin wooden dowels
  • Paint brushes
  • Fine glitter (optional)
  • Wax paper
  • Hot glue gun (unless you have time to allow the Tacky glue to dry
Directions:
  • Adults only: Hot glue a stick to the very top of the felt.  Let cool.
  • Put a piece of wax paper on a table and place the felt over it
  • Ask the child what he or she would like to say on the banner (I gave them 2 choices: Hosanna or He Is Risen)
  • Use puffy paint to write it wherever you like or wherever the child asks you to
  • Then ask the child to paint a picture (I gave them 3 choices: crown, palm branch or cross)
  • Sprinkle their creation with fine glitter (optional)
  • Add their name and or date at the bottm with more puffy paint
  • Add a 3D effect by gluing gems or other collage items you may have
In the past I have added a ribbon to the top.  I ran out of time this time though.

Happy Crafting!
M





No comments:

Post a Comment